Encyclopedia of Behavioral Neuroscience: Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, Clinical Neurology, Neuroanatomy, and Neurophysiology, Edition No. 2 (2021)
DUBLIN, November 25, 2021–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The book “Encyclopedia of Behavioral Neuroscience. Edition No. 2” from Elsevier Science and Technology has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer
Behavioral neuroscience is a relatively new discipline that unifies different fields encompassing cognitive psychology, cognitive science, clinical neurology, neuroanatomy, and neurophysiology.
Encyclopedia of Behavioral Neuroscience, three volume set is a comprehensive, multidisciplinary book written by top experts in the field, addressing the relationship between the neurological and biological bases of behavior and patterns of cognition, ranging from perception to memory, and covering phenomena that occur in humans and other animals.
Published in 2010, it included 212 articles and was a unique and essential resource for students and professionals in several fields, including neuroscience, psychology, neurology, psychiatry and cognitive science. It was by far the most comprehensive reference work available on advances in all areas of behavioral neuroscience. However, it now needs to be revised with the latest scientific findings.
The new edition will again cover the relationship between the brain and behavior, both in humans and other animals, as well as mental and brain disorders.
This new edition spans three volumes, 250 chapters and approximately 2000 pages. It will build on the foundations of the first edition by thoroughly updating all current articles with the latest research that has developed over the past decade.
In addition, 40 new articles on the hottest topics in behavioral neuroscience will be added, covering areas such as advances in behavioral genetics and epigenetics, cognitive aging, neuroepidemiology, social neuroscience, as well as development of new technologies such as diffusion tensor imaging or transcranial direct current stimulation.
The result will be a major and comprehensive interdisciplinary reference work on how the brain and its disorders influence behavior, perfect for neuroscience students, clinicians and scientists interested in learning more about behavior from a human perspective. biological.
Main topics covered:
1. Clinical neuroanatomy (including diffusion tensor imaging), brain structures and functions (including senses, biorhythms, plasticity, and perceptual/motor systems)
2. Methods of studying the brain (including cognition, patient studies, neuroimaging, neurophysiology, transcranial direct current stimulation)
3. Animal models of behavior, comparative neurobiology and evolution
4. Behavioral Genetics, Epigenetics and Molecular Neurobiology
5. Neuroscience and Developmental Psychology
6. Behavioral neurology (including brain diseases) and brain aging (normal and pathological)
7. Cognitive neuroscience and neuropsychology (including language and memory)
8. Neurosciences in society (Ethics, Law, Education, Neuroepidemiology, press)
9. Psychopharmachology, neuroendocrinology (including reproductive behavior) and substance abuse
10. Social Neuroscience (including personality, reward and emotions)
For more information on this book, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3qwcgu
See the source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211125006076/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Officer
For EST business hours, call 1-917-300-0470
For US/CAN call toll free 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900