20 responses to Hinge’s “First ride is upon me” prompt that stand out
Besides calling itself “the dating app designed to be taken down,” Hinge is the perfect place to get a little cheeky with your potential suitors. The app’s profile prompts – which include a variety of open-ended statements, ranging from “Never Have I Ever” to “Dating Me Is Like” – give you the opportunity to showcase your personality, show off your sense of humor and expressing what you want in a relationship, whether it’s a drinking buddy on Friday night or a partner to hang out with in museums on Sunday morning (or both!). And one of the more cheeky prompts for landing matches (and dates) is, definitely, “The first round is upon me…” Without a doubt.
This is your chance to kick-start your perfect nighttime dating activity, quickly spot matches with common interests and, again, flaunt your delicious sense of humor, of course. But beyond that, it’s also a chance to have plans in the books, like, ASAP. Instead of going back and forth over and over again about your favorite episodes of Schitt Creek Where Office (which is cute, of course, but also exhausting), saying “First Round Is On Me” lets you immediately claim your match. All you have to do is follow up their response with a quick, “Wow, how about Thursday at 7pm?” And boom! You’re out of the app’s chat purgatory and officially on deck for a date.
Here are some ideas to try.
1. If you first take the mic to karaoke.
2. If you can beat me at mini golf.
3. If you want to be my trivia partner – I’m going to talk about science and the Kardashians, take ancient history. OK?
4. If you want to turn it into a tequila shot tour. Let the party begin!
5. If you can get past my knowledge of ’90s sitcoms.
6. If you choose the bar, I’m new to town and need a guide!
7. If we start our evening at the roulette table. I feel good with number 17 – what do you say?
8. If you’re up for a coffee date? I am a regular at Blue Bottle.
9. If dessert is on you.
10. If you can beat my best score in Dance Dance Revolution in the arcade (I was obsessed in college).
11. If you love the Red Sox, even a fraction as much as I do.
12. If starting with a bottle of homemade red is fine, too.
13. If you promise not to make fun of my drink order. (I love a Dirty Shirley, what can I say?)
14. If we can try this new downtown Italian place, I’m dying to go.
15. If the second round is on you. It’s the 21st century and I’m for equality, you know?
16. If you can teach me how to tie a cherry stalk with your tongue. I always wanted to learn.
17. If you can name all the presidents of the United States in chronological order. (I find it strangely hot.)
18. If you are up for a game of pool … and the loser wins the second round.
19. If you are not a sign of chaotic fire.
20. If you show up with a cowboy hat, I’m serious.