🌱 COVID Relief Fraud Case + New Scooter Shop + Wine and Music Festival
Happy Saturday, McKinney-Frisco! Here are the most important things happening in town today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Pleasant with abundant sunshine. High: 72 Low: 41.
Here are today’s best stories at McKinney-Frisco:
- An old McKinney the man has been charged with COVID-19 rescue fraud. He has been charged with federal violations for attempting to file fraudulent loan applications for millions of dollars in Paycheck Protection Program (P3) loans. The man, Sinoj Kallamplackal Joseph, faces seven counts of wire fraud and three counts of misrepresenting a bank. (Department of Justice)
- A scooter store owned by riders, Stylz Pro scooters, is now open in McKinney. The store sells freestyle trick scooters, as well as parts and accessories. They also offer installation services. (Community impact)
- The 5th Annual McKinney Wine and Music Festival takes place today and tomorrow at Towne Lake Park and will feature live music and wine from 3o local vineyards. (Visit McKinney)
- Indian retail store, Fabindia celebrated its 5th anniversary in Plano. The store sells clothing for men, women and children, as well as jewelry and shoes. (Community impact)
- Gloria Salinas left on Dallas Regional Chamber become vice-president of the Frisco Economic Development Corporation. (The morning news from Dallas)
today McKinney-Frisco Daily is introduced to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in McKinney-Frisco:
- Frisco Camp Out – Frisco Parks & Recreation (12h00)
- Fitness Night in the Park – McKinney Parks and Recreation (8:45 am)
- Children’s Library Tour (all ages; with ticket) – John and Judy Gay Library (10:15 a.m.)
- Read Across McKinney presents Pop Culture Movie Marathon (All Ages; Come and Go) – John and Judy Gay Library (10:30 am)
- Dia De Los Muertos Celebration – Dr. Glenn Mitchell Memorial Park (12h00)
- DIY Succulent Garden (Grades 6-12; with ticket) – John and Judy Gay Library (4:00 p.m.)
- Patio Party – RCTL: Texas Flood – McKinney Parks and Recreation (7:00 p.m.)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- The Spookiest Halloween Houses Around: A Self-Guided Tour! (October 16)
- Plano Music and Art Festival (October 16)
- FREE, OUTDOOR Storybook Fall Festival hosted by Creative World School Frisco (October 16)
- Celebrate Boss’s Day with 15% off Flowers and Gifts (October 16)
- Retirement Tax Webinar (October 18)
- Add your event
That’s all for today. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with your next update! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Nicole Fallon-Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a graduate journalist and writer in Media, Culture and Communication from New York University. She has been a freelance journalist, editor, editor and editorial director for various B2B media. She is currently the co-owner and operator of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming McKinney-Frisco Daily? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.